Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 8

Well, I didn’t get as much done on the coop over the weekend as I would have liked.  The weather was either raining or pouring pretty much all weekend.  We did manage to install the cedar siding on the back and side of the hen house (which you can’t see in the pictures) and a few other odds and ends.  Today the weather was stormy, but much dryer, so I was able to make more progress.  I got all the OSB installed on the inside of the hen house.  Next will be to install the cedar siding on the other two sides and build the rest of the doors/windows.  I also need to seal/stain the thing, which requires 24 hours of dry weather.  We may have to settle for 12 hours because it hasn’t gone 24 hours without rain here for a few weeks. 

 

Sage has taken ownership of the new coop.  Today she was whining unless I let her sit in the hen house.  I am pretty sure she thinks it is some sort of big dog house, but she can’t figure out why I made the door so small.  : )

DSC_0020

Here is a view from the front.  This hole will be an access door for people to collect eggs and clean out the house.  I wanted to make it big enough so I could easily climb in if needed for cleaning.

DSC_0021

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, poor Sage. I wonder what she's going to do when she can't get in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a chicken house not a dog house, and i know, Ruby told me, that Sage is not a CHICKEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Sage is definitely not a chicken! However, so far, she shees to be scared of them so that is a good thing! I don't want her to decide to have chicken for breakfast one day!

    ReplyDelete