Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken Coop Day 2

Worked on the coop a bit less than 8 hours today and I am very tired so am calling it a day.  Time to go make dinner for my husband who provides funding and support for all my crazy projects.  Got the area cleaned up, assembled the foundation out of pressure treated wood and got three of the four walls up.  Am using screws instead of nails for everything so that is increasing the time it takes, but I think it is worth it for the increased strength.  Tomorrow, if I can move when I wake up, I will finish the final wall and start on the roof! 

DSC_0002

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,
    It looks really good! I would use scerws as well, they will last alot longer and hold better.
    Looking foward to more pictures!
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good!! Where's the door gonna go? On the right side?

    Wish I could be up there helpin' ya. Kinda looks like fun. :-]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, door will be on the right side! I wish you were here to help me too. It would be wonderful to have your company and I could use the help! : )

    ReplyDelete