And here is a picture of the chickens at one week. I think they are going to be great looking birds!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Day 5
Sorry for the frequent blog posts; I will try to keep the text brief and just put up pictures! I had to stop work a bit early today because it started raining, but managed to get quite a bit done in the time I had. I completely finished the framing and built the human access door. The door is not mounted yet but just leaning in the gap where it will be in stalled. I have three more doors/windows to build. One little door for the chickens to get from hen house to run, one door that will be on the left side for people to access the hen house to clean and collect eggs, then one window in the hen house that can be opened for ventilation on hot days. The chickens will also be able to sit on top of their roosting boxes and be at the level of the window so they can look outside. I have not installed the roof panels yet but I set them on the roof to try to keep things dry. You can get an idea of what it will look like though.

And here is a picture of the chickens at one week. I think they are going to be great looking birds!
And here is a picture of the chickens at one week. I think they are going to be great looking birds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Kim. It is looking great! Those are some lucky chickens!
ReplyDeleteKim that looks really great! Did you have a plan to go by? Those chickens will be living in style!
ReplyDeleteLove Dad
Wow Kim!! I am so happy for the frequent posts! What cute and lucky little chickens. Keep up the good work on the posts and the coop. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree! Lookin' good!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, the chicks are getting their wing feathers already! Sheesh!
Nope, no plans. Just made this design up myself. I did take inspriation from looking at shed plans and what other people have done to get an idea of basic construction techniques.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! I am glad you all like it!