Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 4!

Coop (aka luxury chicken condo) is coming along!  This is what the coop looked like when I stopped mid-day today.  I then went to the hardware store to pick up the remainder of the materials that I need and now I am quitting for the day.  You can see the beginnings of the hen house that is being framed in and the roof is finished save the clear polycarbonate cover.  Lots more work to do, but the bones are there!

DSC_0005

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!! :D

    What's the raised part for? I've seen it in coops or similar buildings before, but I've never known why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be the floor of the hen house, which will be closed in and will be where the sleep at night and lay their eggs. The rest of the coop will be screened in so they will be able to have outside time on the days I don't let them into our yard.

    ReplyDelete