Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 12

Well, at some point yesterday, I just decided that it wasn’t going to stop raining.  Being from from the desert, Iwatched it rain continuously for days on end this week and figured that it would have to stop at some point.  Well, maybe it will, but not anytime soon.  So I donned my jacked, set up my stuff under the protection of the coop, and got back to work.  I worked for about 4 hours yesterday and made good progress on the siding and trim.  As with the rest of the coop, I am pretty much just making it up as I go, so I hope it is looking good.  I decided to go with pine for the trim instead of cedar so it would tie in with the rest of the coop which is made of pine.  Today: more trim and I get to build the window!  I got the glass yesterday and am very excited about it (It is “seedy” glass for you stained glass artists out there, basically, it looks like it has water droplets on it).

Day 12

Day 12 -2

And here are the chickens at two weeks!  Starting to look a bit gawky.  I am about ready for them to move outside : )

 

Chickens2weeks

Oh, and Scott took the day off today (well, will be working from home for a few hours) to help make up for all the extra time he put in this week.  I am SO EXCITED to have him home!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a project, I dont see Sage in the house was it raining too hard? Looks really great! Keep up the good work, those chickens are counting on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Sage was inside OUR house! She isn't too fond of the rain : ) And yes, it has been pouring rain all day. It is really flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really starting to get character. I love the cedar siding. And the chickens are looking good too. Very distinct coloring. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' awesome! I love the siding! Looks nice and pristine. :D

    ReplyDelete