Since I last posted I am still plugging along on the rock, and also have started building cabinets for the office. I haven’t quite been going at the pace I did the coop at. The rock retaining wall is going slowly, but on the days I am feeling energetic and it isn’t raining, I usually make at least some progress.
I am almost finished with this part of the wall…next I am going to remove those gray rocks above the wall I am building and use these same rocks along there as well. I will find some other use for the gray rocks, but it looks a bit strange to have two types of rocks in the front, so they have to go.
The chickens are doing really well! They have almost completely adjusted to life in the coop. They quickly figured out how to use the waterer and food was never a problem. Strangely, going in and out of the hen house has been the hardest thing for them. Until today, they could only figure out how to get out, not now to get back in. Finally, today I have seen them go in and out several times, and I am hoping they will go inside when it gets dark. If they do that, they will have figured out it all! The even use the roosting plank I put up in the run. Today when I went out there all four of them were sitting on it. This isn’t a great picture but you get the idea of how they are looking. I will get a better picture later.
Now I just have to keep myself from starting any new projects until I get the cabinets and the rock done! We will see how that goes.
Your rock wall is looking great! It even goes well with the little stones you put on the back border of the flowerbed!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay, chickens! I wondered how long it would be before they figured out how to go in the coop. I honestly wasn't sure. Glad they finally did, though! And the chickies are still cute! About how tall do they stand, now?
Looks great Kim!
ReplyDelete