Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 14

I only worked about 7 hours on the coop today; I was so sore from yesterday I had a hard time sleeping last night!  However, for the first time in a while, it wasn’t raining today!  I just had to take the opportunity to stain and seal all the wood.  It turned out a little more orange than I thought it would (it was called “natural cedar” and the color on the front looked more tan) but I think it looks ok.  So, I installed the polycarbonate roof panels and stained the whole coop.  I also built the ramp that goes from the run to the hen house.  Tomorrow I am going to be laying some inexpensive tile in the hen house to facilitate cleaning.  Then, I just need to put on the last two doors and put on the hardware cloth and the outside is done!  I have a few more touches to do to the hen house.  I already built the roosting boxes but I need to install their drinking system (will explain when I can post a picture of it) and the heat panel.  Sand is going to go on the ground in the run, then it will be ready for chickens!

Day14

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Is it time to start your shed? Just about the same only BIGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, will be starting the shed sometime this year. : )

    ReplyDelete