Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Almost Done!

The coop is almost finished!  I am going to keep you in suspense though because I have other pictures today.  First off, my next project arrived, all 8 tons of it.  Sage did an excellent job modeling it.

8 ton project

The rock is really pretty!   It is going to be such a pain (literally!) to move though.

rock

Today I spent almost all day outside working on the coop, finishing up some stuff.  I was very happy with my progress today, despite some extraordinary weather!  First off, everyone has been telling me that this spring is normal.  ITS NOT.  Last month, we only had 5 days that had above average temps; the other 26 were below average AND we got two times the average amount of rain.  So far this month, we haven’t had any days above average, in fact, the closest we have come to average is 6 degrees less than average.  The 7 day forecast doesn’t show us getting any closer than 5 degrees below normal either.  Plus, we have had three times the amount of rain we should have by this date in April.  So all you Washington natives that keep telling me this is normal, I would say that this spring has been very cold and wet and the numbers back me up!

Today’s weather was the craziest I have seen since we have been here.  Today we got rain, hail, snow, snow pellets, thunder and lightning, and the sun even came out a few times.  Sage thinks the snow is a wonderful treat, I am not so sure.  But hey, look at my pretty daffodils that are blooming!  They are the biggest, prettiest daffodils I have seen anywhere in town and they have been blooming for two weeks now.  The tulips are about to start as well.  Thanks Becky and Casey!!!

April Snow

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's definitely not normal. I mean, if it were normal, they would've built that bridge higher! It's flooded...what, three times now? And for heaven's sake, snow in April isn't normal for most of the country--even colder places! We once got snow on Easter in Indiana, and that was crazy!

    Your flowers are pretty, though! It looks like they're openly defying the weather gods. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy weather for sure! When you do get back to "normal" is will seem like a real treat! Love the stone, It will look very natural and beautiful... after you two move all 16,000 lbs of it. Wish we were closer and could help. :) As for your daffodils, they are such happy, tough flowers! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Krystal! I am glad you like the stone mom! I think it goes really well with the house and looks wonderful. Going to have the best looking house on the block!

    ReplyDelete