I haven’t posted an update of the chickens in quite a while! They are doing well…though unfortunately, Iris (the black and white one) is a rooster. We are going to have to find another home for him. I posted a flyer at our local feed store…no calls yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope it isn’t too difficult to find him a home. I guess they usually don’t start crowing until they are 6 months to a year old, so I have some time (he is just over 2 months), but the sooner the better! They do make great pets. I let them out in the yard during the day and they never attempt to leave the yard and always go back in their coop as soon as it starts getting dark out. I can also easily herd them into their coop if they need to go in early. Also, there will be no problem leaving them in their coop for a week or two if we go on vacation as I only need to refill their food and water every few weeks. Low maintenance is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those guys are getting huge! Holy cow! o.O How long until they're technically adults?
ReplyDelete