First, the little Juncos have fledged! The babies are still hanging around somewhere near, as I see and hear the parents feeding them, but they have officially bailed out of the nest. This is the dwarf tree they were nesting in and the babies just before they fledged. Unfortunately, I read that it is rare for them to re-use a nest, so probably won’t have them next year.
After terrible weather Sunday and Monday, during which I really didn’t go outside unless necessary, it was a relief to have some good weather yesterday which is continuing today. I went for a 10 mile bike ride in the early evening before Scott got home and got to experience why it is nice to live in Washington. The trail I go biking on is so beautiful. I still don’t like it as much as the Sonoran desert, but it certainly has its advantages and I do enjoy it.
In case you haven’t heard, Scott and I are taking a vacation to Maui in a week and a half. I have been having lots of fun planning all the things we are going to do. It has been a rough month or so….Scott has been working extremely long hours and this is our way of making up for it. Scott’s boss(es) just told him to take the time and not even count vacation for it. So, off we go! I can’t wait.
Aww, that's a cute little tree! Guess I didn't think it was that small!
ReplyDeleteThat is quite the pretty trail. Looks awesome! (Though, while looking at your photo, I expect Isildur to come riding up at any moment. :)