As the days get darker, colder, wetter, and shorter, I wanted something I could do to keep me from being stuck indoors all the time. So, I decided to get a new bike! We have a wonderful trail that runs along the Snoqualmie River, one of the largest rivers in the area and less than a mile from our house, that is perfect for biking. It is about 20 miles long with beautiful views the whole way. So, I headed to REI to go bike shopping, and after much deliberation, found the PERFECT bike! I love the quick, smooth ride of a road bike, but don't want to be stuck to the roads. So, I ended up getting the Cannondale Quick CX which has the body, and wheel diameter of a sleek road bike, but slightly wider tires than a road bike with a little more tread so it is able to go on dirt and gravel. It also has front shock absorbers that can be locked in case you don't need them because they do cost efficiency while in use. Today, after it stopped raining, I took it out to get a little dirt on it. This will be the perfect way to wear Sage out! She got used to the bike right away; I couldn't believe how good she was! On or off the leash she runs just to the side of me at all times. While we were out we saw a bald eagle and several other neat birds! Here is my bike with Sage wearing her backpack:
Now we need to get Scott a bike so we can go out on the weekends. He really loves my bike so we may just end up getting him the same bike but with a larger frame. I also know people want to see the house, and I am very slow about putting pictures up, but here is a picture of our house from the outside. The front door is behind the two pine trees in the middle; there is a little porch area there. More pics to come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nice bike. The house is good too. Good to talk to you last night. By the way, I was going to share with you, but couldn't because she was in earshot. Miss Brooklyn is having a hard time. She is in a class with 15 boys, 9 girls, and a pushover teacher. If you ask her what her favorite parts of school are, she says gym, art, and music (all classes taught by seperate teachers). Her least favorite, getting time outs (as a class) and waiting for the other kids to be good...we're struggling. Poor kid. She's in kindergarten and is starting to not like school.
ReplyDeletePoor kid. There shouldn't be anything to not like about kindergarten. I know how frustrating it is for instructors to not have control of the class...even in to college. I wish I could tell her that it would be ok and I wish her teacher would get some help to better control the class.
ReplyDeleteSnoqualmie. That sounds like it belongs in Faerun for sure! Wonder who came up with *that*.... ;-]
ReplyDeleteAwesome bike! I'm surprised Sage is so good with it. I figured she'd be wanting to run around and through the bike and get the leash all twisted up in it. Glad that's not the case!
And of course, awesome, awesome house!! It felt kinda surreal lookin' at it, though. Kinda like when people you've known since grade school start having kids. It's like, "Wait, what? They really have a house? Dang. When did we grow up?" (Physically, I mean. Mentally, on the other hand.... ;)
Krystal: Yeah, I am sure one day Sage will do something bad but hopefully if I am careful it won't be too bad!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean. And yes, mentally, I don't think I will ever grow up.
Nice looking bike. Sounds like it will work out very well for you, Sage and soon, Scott! It will be great for you all to get some fresh air!
ReplyDelete